The Go Group has announced its second international workshop. After the successful debut in Amsterdam in May 2011 with 35 international participants, and three packed out public sessions at EuroSonic in Groningen in January 2012, Green Operations Europe heads toBudapest for a second edition on event sustainability with great presentations, loads of information and best practise exchange in a two day workshop on April 23rd and 24th.
GO Group is an independent, pan European and cross industry think-tank to inspire people in the music festival and events industry to run their operations greener and smarter.
On April 23 and 24 the GO Group workshop in Budapest will cover major issues for sustainable event management such as international green standards, green issues communication, waste or mobility management. The workshop will feature speakers from festivals and science alike.
The GO Group meeting is open to stakeholders interested in actively pushing the sustainability and green agenda. Therefore everybody – you, your sustainability manager, your production managers – is invited to take part in the discussion which is kindly hosted by Hungary’s Sziget Festival.
23 April 2012
Chairs: Teresa Moore, (Bucks New University, UK), Jacob Bilabel, (Green Music Initiative, DE)
Holger Jan Schmidt (Green Events Europe, DE)
– “Great examples & good practice” | Holger Schmidt & Jacob Bilabel
– First round up, introduction, collection of topics of interest etc.
– Case Study: Fruzsina Szep (Sziget Festival, H)
– Green international standards (ISO 20121, BSI 8901, EMAS) | Jacob Bilabel
– Green’N’Clean Festival of the year: Melt! Festival
– Green catering solutions | Lucile Barras (Green Music Initiative)
– GO Group networking dinner (additional cost applies)
24 April 2012
Chairs: Teresa Moore (Bucks University, UK) | Jacob Bilabel (Green Music Initiative, DE)
Holger Jan Schmidt (GreenEvents Europe Conference, DE & Yourope)
– Economic impact of major events | Teresa Moore with members of Exit Festival (SER) and Sziget (H)
Case study: ”Green Footsteps” | Marie A. Rogvi (Roskilde, Denmark, Project Manager)
– Communication & case study: Green Rocks Rhienkultur DE | Holger Jan Schmidt
– GO Group Workshop – Best and worst practices: exchange
Participation fee for the 2nd GO Group workshop will be 200 £ (plus VAT). There is a special offer for Yourope members.
For further information http://go-group.org/2012/03/2nd-go-group-workshop-for-sustainable-festivals-events/